Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

As I spent time today making fruit salad and pumpkin pie for tomorrow, I couldn't help but spend time thinking about holidays. Every year about this time I reflect on the differences between this year and last as well as anticipate the future. It's been quite a year for us. Last Thanksgiving we never would have predicted that dad would be recovering from a stroke this year. He's doing really well, by the way, but still recovering. I also really didn't imagine that I would be pregnant this Thanksgiving. I'm sure I'll be nostalgic next year too, but next year I'll be thinking about the past and the future with our little girl in the kitchen watching me cook. :)

2 comments:

Mary Zolene said...

She???? I missed that announcement!!

Mandy said...

IT'S A GIRL! IT'S A GIRL! I'm sure I'm the LAST one to hear the news, I am so excited for you guys, and can't wait to see how much of a sucker Jack will be for his daughter! Congrats!